Monday, June 11, 2012

Big "kitty" excitement


Last Thursday night when my loyal friend Fiona, the herding dog, and I went out to the backyard for her final call of the day, the horses and mules were extremely riled up and just racing around the pasture.  They raced up into the woods, made a loop and came charging at full gallop down the fence line, into the small pasture and into the loafing shed.  Just after they made it into the shed, we heard the very loud cat scream.  

At that point Fiona looked up at me as if to say, 'I will just hold it for the night' and she did.  My guess is that "big kitty" was working on doing in it's prey and the horses were very upset and scared hearing this.  It is a great priviledge to live in the woods, but one must always respect that in the evening and night, the animal residents rule.
*attached image is example

No comments:

Post a Comment